Sunday, December 8, 2013

Frosty Mountain Ski Video

James Peak.


A bit before Thanksgiving this year I managed to get my first ski tour in for the season.
It was more or less going to be a "Let's go out and see what's going on early season" sorts of thing.



Cumbre!    With Jason Maurer & Andy Morgan.

Shit, this should be in the next Patagonia catalog!

Descent preparations.

Turns out that things were pretty thin in the trees, but as we climbed higher and higher we found what we never thought we would find.  Creamy butter snow.  In fact it was so good up high I just had to keep telling myself "I can't believe it's not butter!"  Like it was some artificial flavored spread.

We topped out on Frosty Mountain at the Continental Divide near Rollins Pass.

Here is a little video I put together from some GoPro footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP0tY_YqV6s



Cheers!
Cor











No comments:

Post a Comment